Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS) are for children who need individual therapeutic assistance. A skilled staff person works with the child for a specified number of hours per week in his/her home, school, and/or community.
BHRS are intended to be short-term services for children with severe emotional or behavioral problems, such as Autism Spectrum Disorders and fall under the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare guidelines.
Bethesda Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services embrace the family recovery principle; providing information about the nature of the youth’s difficulties, education about the range of effective interventions available, and support needed in order for the family to be successful.
The goal of BHRS is to stabilize the child and family and to assist them in learning how to utilize the resources within their community. BHRS are designed to develop positive intervention strategies and provide individualized services that build on the strengths of the child.
Behavioral Specialist Consultants (BSC), Mobile Therapists(MT), and Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) work together to provide the following services:
- Formulation and implementation of behavioral treatment plans.
- Collaboration with and transfer of skills to parents, school staff, and other caregivers.
- Specialized treatment targeting symptoms of various childhood mental health disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyper-Activity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Anxiety Disorders.
- Specialized Autism treatment. Bethesda BHRS are available in Crawford and Erie Counties.
Behavior Specialist Consultant (BSC)
- BSC Services provide specialized behavioral assessments and treatment interventions in homes, schools and other community locations.
- BSC Services assist families and others working with a child, to understand the circumstances that may trigger a problem behavior and what motivates the child to continue the behavior. The Behavioral Specialist Consultant will assist in the development of specific therapeutic interventions to manage or eliminate the behavior.
- BSC Services collaborate using a team approach to treatment, and can provide training, consultation, and supervision of team members in any setting where a child may be experiencing emotional or behavioral problems.
Mobile Therapy (MT)
- Mobile Therapy services are individualized therapeutic services providing intensive one on one intervention within home and community settings; addresses severe emotional or behavioral distress.
- Mobile Therapists have a minimum of a master’s degree, and they collaborate with the Psychologist and other team members to
identify the unique therapeutic needs of a child.
- The Mobile Therapy process allows family members to be a part of the team, when appropriate, as well as helps the client to build coping skills in real situations.
Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS)
- TSS services are applicable for children/adolescents who have been diagnosed with serious social, behavioral and/or emotional issues that interfere with functioning in the home, school or community.
- TSS services are supportive and time-limited, team driven & incorporate individualized treatment planning.
- TSS services are designed to prevent the need for more restrictive service.
- TSS services utilize techniques such as behavior modification, role play, social rehearsal, as well as positive reinforcement.
- TSS staff receive direct supervision by either a BSC or MT who is responsible for the treatment plan.